Sunday, December 04, 2011

Project updates

I’ve been crazy busy catching up on all the projects that have been on hold the last year. It’s been fun digging in and I’m making some serious head way.
This little crib was first on my list. It is from a family member but needed some updating. After a good sanding and scrub,  I used ASCP Louis Blue on the head and foot board and then gave the entire crib another two coats of ASCP Old White followed by a coat of clear wax to protect it. Since it is only used for infants, there is no concern of “chewing” on the rails.
The before shots
The original mattress was feather and while it was cute,  I decided a new piece of dense foam was in order. I made a fitted sheet from a softly worn, cozy Egyptian Cotton top sheet. A bed skirt was fashioned from a bolt of blue cotton that I had purchased some time ago and just new I’d find a use for it. I tried my hand at tie-dying on a light weight cotton cover. It’s been a long time since I did any tie dying but it brought back some great memories.
This is a very small crib. I laid a yardstick inside for some reference to the size. I’m very happy with the results and hope lots of grand magnificents get to nap in it over the years.
More updates on the way stay tuned…..


  1. I am impressed! Not only is it a nice job, but you're tackling a list and that's always a good thing. Beautiful job.

  2. When I saw you blowing through your list, I was inspired to get moving.
    Thanks for stopping by.


Your comments mean a great deal to me.