Sunday, August 15, 2010

Catching up

I'm going to try and catch up this coming week. I've spent the last two weeks burning the candle at both ends but it has paid off. I am officially finished with my residency!!!! Came down to the wire with the last birth at 2am Saturday morning but I can now relax. The next babe I catch will be as a CNM, I can't wait.

We did have time to complete one project which was started a few months back.
For anyone who has been to our home, this bench has been on our porch for several years. I bought it eons ago and inteneded to use it in the house. As it turns out it was just too long and so I decided to revamp it.


After some demolition, gluing, painting, sanding, some more painting…..it now looks like this.


Now that I have two I can have twice the fun with them.

It's time to knuckle down and do some serious review for comps and then for state boards. Both are equally difficult boards however cost $$ so for obvious reasons, I need to pass on my first attempt. Taking both is school dependent so I'm just waiting for the official go and I'll schedule comps. For now, I'm spending my days reviewing, some overdue crafting, and very overdue exercising!

Stay tuned......

8 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!! You have worked so hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Kelly, and you have worked mighty hard yourself. I'll say it again, I don't know how you gals with active families survived the program. My hat is off to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't survived yet, so keep ur hat on another minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so cute! Great job. Thanks so much for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Virgina House, it was a fun project. I so enjoy all the lovely transformation you've accomplished. Keep it up I need the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! They look fantastic!

    I'm here by way of Donna at FJI.

    Just wondering....can I be your friend, too?

    LOVE the grain sacks!

    ~Kolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I immediately rushed over here after reading Funky Junk Donna's post about your amazing generosity (grain-sack envy!), took a look around and liked what I see, so... um, am... er... here? Yeah, that, anticlimactic as it is. :)
    Congrats on your CNM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kolein and Patrice for your kind comments.

    Donna has shared so many ideas and tutorials, I just wanted to pay if forward. She mentioned grain sacks were hard to come by up North.

    Anything scarce where you live?? Just never know what is hiding in my stash (cause sometimes even I forget).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a great deal to me.