Friday, January 07, 2011

Please say hello to Terri

Terri from em-belle-ish has graciously accepted to provide my first guest post. After you enjoy Terri's post, (and you've gathered up your ingredients for this delicious dish, please jump on over to her blog and say hello. Thanks for guest posting today.


Take it away Terri.

Dutch Meatball Soup

Although my married name has put me incognito,
I am from 100% Dutch heritage.

Growing up Sundays always meant
going to church twice,
baked goodies and coffee right after morning service,
and soup and buns for a mid-afternoon lunch.

Mom always made the soup Saturday night
in an effort to keep Sunday as a day of rest -
as much as possible anyway.

When I moved so far away that I couldn't come over for Mom's Sunday soup anymore,
my sister wrote her version of Sunday Soup out
This is a photo of the recie that my sister wrote for me.

 

Ingredients: one large onion, 4 celery stalks, 4  carrots,  4 beef bouillon cubes, one packaged soup, handful of noodles (whatever type you like), and 1 pound of seasoned ground beef.


 Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.  Season beef (I use curry) and roll into small balls.


Cut the carrots and celery into pieces.  Make the pieces as large or small as you prefer.

When the water comes to a rolling boil, “recklessly toss” the meatballs into the pot.  Actually, I do this cautiously because I don’t like getting splattered with boiling water.  Yah, it was a live and learn lesson for me. 
Add all the sliced veggies, boulion, soup mix and noodles.  Simmer until vegetables and pasta are tender.

Enjoy!  We usually serve it with meat and cheese buns.

It works for late Saturday night suppers too :)

 


Chop the onion (I love my Pampered Chef Food Chopper).

5 comments:

  1. It snowed here last night so I am off to the store for a few items and then this is on the menu for tonight. YUM, thanks again Terri!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soooo much for posting :) I hope that you enjoy the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds Delicious! I am a follower of Terri's stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new look for your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a great deal to me.