Friday, February 25, 2011

Love Eternal

33 years ago today I said “I will” to my love. In the big scheme of things, we have had a fabulous 33 years together. Yes we have had our share of arguments, disagreements, sleepless nights, worried hours, “non-talking” days, sick kids, late payments, flooded basement, ranting binges, etc. But we have also had some of the best days anyone could ask for.

When we married some said it wouldn’t last that we were too young and would grow apart as we “grew up.” We had no idea whether any of that would be true all we knew  was we loved each other and wanted to be together forever. I had spent time in the service living overseas and he had worked in his father’s business since high school. I think for the most part, we were old souls before our time; mentally more mature than our biological ages. We’ve always been the happiest when working on  projects together. Minus the disagreements about the way I thought things should be done (there I’ve publicly admitted I have a few control issues) we work very well as a team. The older we become the more I find myself enjoying being home together, something I didn’t always look forward to.  Now after 1/2 a lifetime together and raising a family I’d say we are like Jenny and Forrest ~ Peas and Carrots.

Incidentally, we met on a blind date on the 4th of July so we cheat and celebrate two times a year. Happy Anniversary Big G, I am blessed and I love you forever.

DSC00508
How did you meet your love?

5 comments:

  1. happy anniversary!! :) here's to many more happy years together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple I admire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind commments. I can speak for both of us (trust me on that) when I say we have been very, very blessed.

    I didn't always feel this way and perhaps it takes some people longer than others to realize what true blessings are. Family and friends; home and in blogland have helped me come to this realization and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both! Living happily ever after isn't an easy thing to do. You're very blessed indeed! :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a great deal to me.