Tuesday, February 08, 2011

they say it’s the thought that counts….

On the fly post here.
I’ve be seeing so many clever (and beautiful) Valentine ideas around blog land and some are now in my inspiration files for ……well……maybe next year. For now I wanted to share one of the simplest, least expensive ideas hands-down but first a short blurb.
Hubs and I have been together for over 30 years. February is nearly as busy as November for us with birthdays, Valentine’s day and our anniversary. To go out to dinner on 3 different occasions is just not in our budget but I don’t want any of the occasions to go by without doing something. Last year the day before Valentine’s day I was at a total loss for hubs. That night I had a brainstorm.
Every morning the first thing hubs does when he gets out of bed is looks out the window. Even when the mornings are still dark, he looks out the window. (I think he expects to see a herd of deer sleeping in our driveway). Anyway, I got up just before sunrise, snuck outside and did this. (Sorry for the quality it was still dark)
IMG_0263
Corny I know.
Cost breakdown
  • water – pennies
  • red food coloring – pennies
  • Spray bottle – ?
Total ~ the smile on his face………..Priceless!
(hmmm what to do this year????)
Stay tuned……

3 comments:

  1. sooo sweet & know he must have just loved it! it's the little things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea. Methinks that I'm gonna have to steal that one... if I blog about it I'll give you the credit.

    PS thank you for the package. It arrived today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS the little things for sure!

    Steal away, I'm sure I'm not the first person to write in the snow with colored spray.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a great deal to me.